Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kick-Ass (2010)


  • I always wondered why nobody did it before me. I mean all those comics, movies, TV shows... You think one eccentric loaner would have made their costumes! Is everyday life so exciting? Schools and Offices so thrilling that I am the only one who ever fantasized about this? Come on... be honest with yourself. At some point in our lives we all wanted to be a Superhero.
  • That's me!! Back before any of this crazy shit happened.. guess I was the last person to expect to become a superhero. Not saying there was anything wrong with me, but there's nothing special either. I wasn't into sports, wasn't an athlete or a hardcore gamer. I didn't have a piercing, or eating disorder, nor 3000 friends on myspace. My only superpower... was to be invisible to girls! And to my friends man, I wasn't even the funny one. Like most of the people of my age, I just existed.
  • I was a regular guy, no radio-active spiders, no refugee statuses in the alien world. In the eighteenth month since my mother died, the only tiffany I had was to realizing that life.. life just goes on!!
  • Look at this a**hole just watching... Come on.. Be honest with yourself. Would you do anything differently? We see someone in trouble and we wish we could help... but we don't. The world I lived in, heroes only lived in comic books.. and I guess that would have been ok.... were bad guys make believe too. But they're not.
  • The Comic books had it wrong.. It didn't take a trauma, or Cosmic rays, or a power ring to make a Superhero. Just a perfect combination of Optimism and Naivety!
  • What's the difference between Spider-man and Peter Parker?? Spider Man gets the girl...
  • Suddenly I understood why superheroes only existed in comic books. I got why people didn't risk their lives for strangers. Because.. for the first time in my life, I had something worth living for!! Something... to lose.
  • Had I ever been a real superhero, the most I'd ever have had to offer the world was get intentions in it, slightly elevated capacity to take a kickin'.. With No Power... comes No Responsibility.. except, that wasn't true.
  • Kick-Ass was gone.. and my world was safer with all the new superheros. They said I was their inspiration. And all I did was, made a door into a world I dreamed of. A world full of superheroes.



  • "Who am I?? I am Kick-Ass..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh... ass kickin' movie. Good work